The Number of Books:1
Size 6 X 9/ Pgs.291
Publisher: Maktabul Irshad Publication
From the book:
Abu Hurairah (May Allāh be pleased with him) reported, the Prophet (May Allāh raise his rank and grant him peace) said,
“A woman is married for four reasons: for her wealth, for her class, for her beauty or for her piety. Select the pious, may your hand be rubbed in the dust!”
In this Ḥadīth, this is a reference that men’s most desirable marriage purposes revolve around these four: wealth, class, beauty and piety.
There are some benefits in this Ḥadīth:
- There is no problem if anyone marries a woman for her wealth because the Prophet (May Allāh raise his rank and grant him peace) approved this but he urged to marry the religious woman.
- There is no problem if the man marries a woman for her class to upgrade himself and his children.
- The woman can be married for her beauty. So, there is no problem if she is married for her beauty. Maybe the man likes beauty and cannot stand looking at a woman who is not as men are so different in this respect.
- A woman may be married for her piety even if this is the only purpose.
- The best one of these purposes is to marry a woman for her piety as he (May Allāh raise his rank and grant him peace) said,
“Select the pious, may your hand be rubbed in the dust.”
- Everyone should follow the Prophet’s advice. However, nowadays, most people marry a woman for her beauty and others for her wealth and class. Are these the only purposes? No, the proof is in the above-mentioned Ḥadīth,
“Marry the one who is fertile and loving.”
1 Review Show Reviews
This book is not a simple a book, it is to be memorized and understood from mashaykh or tulaab, Allaahu alaam. Though the book is translated, it clearly defines the shariah of Allah regarding marriage with proofs from Qur'an wa Sunnah. A good book to understand marriage correctly. Printing should be carefully considered, as many of the pages easily fell out as I was reading the book.